A Windows computer and an android device can be linked via www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc. Only Windows or Android devices can make use of this Microsoft function. You can connect your smartphone to your PC and use the functions of your phone on your computer by using the www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc functionality.
Conditions for link your phone to Windows
- Wi-Fi connection: Internet via WiFi Both devices must have a solid and stable internet connection to prevent issues.
- Your Phone Companion: If this app is missing from your Android phone, don’t be concerned. Then, open your phone’s web browser and navigate to www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
- Your phone app on your Windows computer: The Your Phone app was already installed on your computer if you update to Windows 10 or later on October 10, 2018.
Steps to link your phone to a Windows computer
Following are the steps to connect your phone to a Windows computer via www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc:
- On your computer, open the “Settings” application.
- Then, select the “Phone” button.
- As following click on the “Add a phone” button.
- Select the type of phone you want to add in the next window.
- Click “Continue” to advance to the following page.
- Then Click Send after entering the mobile phone number that is currently in use.
- In order to connect your phone to your computer, Microsoft will text you a link to download the Phone Companion app.
- To get Microsoft’s “Your Phone Companion” app, click the link.
- After downloading and installing the app, please open it and scan the QR code located at www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
- Now, your phone may be use with a computer.
On an Android phone, how do you configure the link to a Windows application?
Following are the steps to install the Link To Windows app on your Android phone:
- Open the app, Link to Windows
- Click link your phone to the computer.
- Click on Continue.
- Now, you have a choice between the following:
- Scan the QR code using the camera on your Windows phone.
- To view the QR code, go to aka.ms/phonelinkqrc or www.aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
- After clicking “Back,” select “Sign in with Microsoft.”
- Click Done after providing the appropriate settings and permissions.
You should now get a notification stating that the pairing is complete.